Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A gastroparesis diet

Finding foods that I can eat is difficult.  Let me give you a sample of what you can and can't eat.  I do not have any other restrictions but my family does, so I am often cooking two meals for dinner.

Simple meals:
Chicken and turkey
Fish without skin, no shell fish.
Low fiber (no more than 4 grams a meal)
No nuts, seeds, or items with skin.
Many veggies have natural fiber and unless cooked to much cannot consume.
Pineapple
Apple sauce
Certain crackers
No corn items
Nothing fried
No fast foods
No milk products (sits to long in the stomach)
Things with ginger
Can't have a lot of. Liquid (so bowls of soup are out)
No rice (gets caught in the tube)
No caffeine
Small doses of chocolate and not at night.
No pancakes, pork, beef, or egg yolks
No red sauces
White bread
Cannot eat things like cakes or cookies (to heavy on the stomach)

Now , try and make something good to eat...

Crock pot meals with chicken and turkey
Tater tots that are baked (my favorite)
Casseroles that are cooked with chicken or turkey
Cucumbers with seeds removed and olives (my new salad)
Turkey burgers grilled or baked but not fried
Noodles - rice or regular but not wheat
White bread turkey sandwiches


This is just a small sample of what I can eat. So I am always looking for good recipes to try.  Please share your thoughts.

Dawn



No comments:

Post a Comment